After School Programs to Develop the Full Potential of Students
Our students not only have a strong academic experience, but also have opportunities to participate in our curricular enhancement programs. These programs include fine arts, performing arts, and athletics. We believe that these experiences are critical to the development of the full potential of our students.
Johnson School of Excellence
1420 S. Albany Ave.
Chicago, IL 60623
A CPS Neighborhood School
The mission of our athletic program is to offer student-athletes, through participation in competitive athletics, an opportunity to experience meaningful growth, accomplishment, and success. As a Bradwell Bruin student-athlete you are a positive role model within our school and the community at large. As a student-athlete at our school, your sportsmanship goals should include:
Requirements for Student Athletes
- Maintaining at least a C+ in all classes, attend school daily, and exhibit positive behavior;
- Respecting the rules of the games, the officials who administer the rules, and their decisions;
- Respecting our opponents as fellow student-athletes,
- Refraining from engaging in all types of disrespectful behavior
- Looking at athletic participation as a potentially beneficial learning experience, whether you win or lose;
- Educating other students and fans to understand the rules of the game, and the value of sportsmanship.
Athletics Available for Johnson Students
- Flag and Tackle Football
- Basketball (girls and boys)
- Volleyball (girls and boys)
- Baseball (boys)
- Track and Field (girls and boys)
Fine and Performing Arts
Our extracurricular programs are designed to provide opportunities for students to extend their learning beyond regular school hours. Students are able to participate in a variety of activities, like salsa dancing, choir and art. Here is a list of extracurricular opportunities available to the students of Johnson.
- Drama Club
- Arts and Craft
- Drum Line
- Academic Tutoring
- Homework Help